We Value Your Privacy
Here at The Egg, we respect and value your privacy. We take utmost care to collect and manage your personal data in accordance with your rights and our obligations under the law.
- The personal information we collect about you when you visit our websites, use our services, or otherwise interact with us
- How we use, share, store, and secure your personal information
- How you may access and control your personal information
First, let’s take care of the necessary legalese. In this policy:
- “Us”, “we”, or “The Egg” refers to The Egg Company Limited (together with our subsidiaries).
- “Websites” refers to The Egg and affiliated websites, including country-level sites:
- “Personal information” refers to any data that is provided to us directly by you or that is generated by your use of our services and/or websites.
INFORMATION ABOUT US
The Egg is a digital marketing agency. We are proud to be headquartered in Hong Kong with subsidiary offices in Shanghai, Guangzhou, Tokyo, and Singapore. Our headquarters is at:
- The Egg Company Limited
- 27/F, Morrison Plaza, 5-9 Morrison Hill Rd
- Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
- Tel: +852 3420 0460
- Fax: +852 3904 4760
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
When you visit our websites and/or use our services, we may collect the following types of information about you:
This refers to information you provide to us when you ask us to respond to a query you have, subscribe to our newsletter, download our content, or attend one of our events. For example:
- First name
- Last name
- Company name
- Job title
- Company website
- Marketing and communication preferences
Job Application Data
This refers to information you provide to us when submitting a job application. For example:
- Contact information
- Job history
- Education history
- Nationality and legal work eligibility status
This refers to information about your device or connection as you access our websites. For example:
- IP address
- Browser and browser plug-in types and versions
- Time-zone setting
- Operating system and platform
Website Usage Data
This refers to information about your visit to our websites. For example:
- Clickstream to, through, and from our site
- Pages you viewed, used, or searched for
- Page response times
- Download errors
- Length of visits to certain pages
- Page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs)
- Methods to browse away from the page
SPECIAL CATEGORY DATA
When you are visiting our websites, we do not collect sensitive data about you, including:
- Ethnic origin
- Trade union membership
- Sexual orientation
We use both persistent cookies and session cookies. A persistent cookie stays in your browser and will be read by us when you return to our website. Session cookies only last for as long as the session lasts (usually the current visit to a website or a browser session).
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the use of all or some cookies. However, if you do so, you may not be able to access all or parts of our site. The procedure for doing this varies from browser to browser. To find out more, please see: https://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/
We use the following types of cookies:
These are used to provide additional functions to you such as personalization and remembering your saved preferences like your preferred content language.
These allow us to recognize and count visitors and see how visitors move around our Websites when they are using them. This helps us to improve our site and your experience of it. We use Google Analytics for this purpose. Google Analytics uses its own cookies and does not collect information that identify a visitor. All information collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
You can avoid the use of Google Analytics on our site using the browser plugin available here: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
These cookies record your visit to our site, the pages you have visited, and the links you have followed. This information helps us better understand you and make our advertising more relevant to your interests. Some information gathered by targeting cookies may be shared with third parties, such as our advertising service providers, including Google, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
We use the collected information in the following ways:
- To perform a service contract we have with you
- To respond to you about your requests and inquiries
- To market our services to you
- To operate, evaluate, and improve our business (including developing new services; determining the effectiveness of our marketing, advertising, and sales; analyzing and enhancing our services and websites; performing data analytics and market research; and performing accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation, and collection activities)
- To process and consider your job application
- To protect against, identify, and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims, and other liabilities
- To comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, and our policies
We make sure that we have an appropriate legal basis for processing your personal information. For the most part, the processing of your personal information is based on a) our contractual obligations with you, b) our legitimate business interests, or c) your consent, where requested.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
We share your information within our group company and subsidiaries for the purposes set out above in this policy.
We use third-party service providers who perform services on our behalf, such as sending out email newsletters or hosting our customer relationship management and accounting data. We only disclose the information necessary to enable these service providers to perform their services. We require our service providers to maintain confidentiality and security of all personal information that they process on our behalf, and they are not permitted to use this information for any other purpose.
We may disclose personal information if we reasonably believe we are legally obliged to, or in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual unlawful or otherwise prohibited activities, such as hacking, misuse, or fraud.
In the event that we or any of our assets are the subject of an acquisition or similar corporate transaction, we reserve the right to transfer any information we have about you to the acquiring party.
HOW WE SECURE INFORMATION
We maintain appropriate organizational and technological safeguards to keep your personal information secure, accurate, and up to date.
HOW WE RETAIN INFORMATION
We only retain personal information for as long as it is reasonably necessary, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
HOW WE TRANSFER INFORMATION INTERNATIONALLY
We are a global company. We have subsidiaries in various countries in Asia, and we conduct business with customers and use service providers around the world. We transfer, process, and store your information where we or our service providers operate for the purpose of providing our services to you.
Some of the countries in which our companies or service providers are located may not have the privacy and data protection laws that are equivalent to those in the country in which you initially provided the information. Where the country to which your data is transferred has not been found to provide an adequate level of protection, we protect your information with appropriate safeguards, such as standard contractual clauses.
You have the following personal information rights, which we always work to uphold:
- Be informed of what we do with your personal information
- Request a copy of the personal information we hold about you
- Require us to correct any inaccuracy or error in any personal information we hold about you
- Request deletion of your personal information (please note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request for record keeping purposes, to complete transactions, or to comply with our legal obligations)
- Object to or restrict the processing of your personal information (including for marketing purposes)
- Request to receive some of your personal information in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format, and request that we transfer such information to another party
- Withdraw your consent at any time when we are relying on consent to process your personal information (although this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent).
As a security measure, we may need specific information from you to help us confirm your identity when processing your privacy requests or when you exercise your rights.
We will respond to all legitimate requests within one (1) month. Occasionally, it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or if you have made a number of requests. Any request will normally be addressed free of charge. However, we may charge a reasonable administration fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive, or excessive.
POLICY TOWARDS CHILDREN
Our products and services are not directed to individuals under 16. We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 16. If we become aware that an individual under 16 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information. Contact us if you believe that we have mistakenly or unintentionally collected information from an individual under 16.
- The Egg Company Limited
- 27/F, Morrison Plaza, 5-9 Morrison Hill Rd, Causeway Bay
- Attn: Data Protection Officer
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We may amend this policy from time to time by posting updates on our Websites. By continuing to use our Websites after the changes come into effect, you agree to be bound by the revised policy.
Last updated: January 20, 2021