Job Fraud Disclaimer
We have recently been made aware that certain individuals are falsely presenting themselves as our employees, affiliates agents, or representatives. These individuals may claim to offer you fictitious employment opportunities with our company, in order to gain access to your personal information, or to acquire money or other valuables from you.
These “agents” are swindlers and frauds. We do not and will not initiate “recruitment” on Facebook groups, WhatsApp or Telegram. We do not and cannot “optimize traffic” on any web website with the simple click of a button. We NEVER ask our employees to deposit money into the company bank account to “earn commission”.
Recent Surge of Job Scam in Hong Kong
Please see the following coverage for more information on the recent job scams in Hong Kong:
- News coverage, 27 May 2022, South China Morning Post
- News coverage, 30 May 2022, HK01 (in Chinese)
- Online Employment Fraud information on the CyberDefender website
Any communications from persons claiming to be agents or representatives of The Egg should be treated as bogus if:
- the email is not sent from the “@theegg.com” domain name
- the recruitment effort originates on public social media groups like Facebook Groups, or chat apps like WhatsApp or Telegram.
- the employment opportunity does not involve a formal interview process with our hiring team, through verifiable communication channels like company email or face-to-face in our office.
Our official websites are theegg.com, theegg.cn, and theegg.co.jp. Any other domains are not affiliated with nor endorsed by us.
When in doubt, please call the Anti-Scam Helpline 18222 operated by the Anti-Deception Coordination Centre (ADCC) of the Hong Kong Police Force. If you suspect that you have fallen prey to a scam, please report the case directly to the Hong Kong Police at your nearest police station.