We helped Zendesk—a world-leading customer-service software innovation company—manage, optimize, and grow its search ad campaigns across global markets.
- Google and Bing SEM Campaigns
- 50+ Countries from North America, LATAM, EMEA, APAC
- 6 languages: English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, German, Turkish
- Sophisticated campaign setup and ad group structure
- Localized keyword research, ad copy consultation and creation, audience targeting
- Bid and budget management
- On going optimization and expansion opportunities
- Tracking and tagging consultation
- In-depth analysis and reporting
The Egg Company worked closely with our live chat software marketing team and became true partners in our business. They were well organized and dedicated in servicing our account.
The team assisted in the continued growth of our product across global markets with their highly sophisticated approach. By managing expansive and granular campaigns across multiple languages, their expertise proved invaluable during a period of tremendous growth for Zendesk Chat.
– Andrew Lennon, Sr. Director, Performance Marketing, Zendesk
As modern consumers, we expect effective and efficient customer service. Zendesk meets that demand, powering the world’s best customer experiences with innovative software.
In 2014, Zendesk acquired Zopim, a live-chat support company based in Singapore. In 2015, Zopim enlisted us to manage, optimize, and grow its search campaigns across global markets. And when Zopim was renamed to Zendesk Chat in 2016, it also trusted us to maintain its significant established brand power.
Challenges + Goals
Every business requires effective customer-service channels, because good customer service is what sets companies apart from their competition.
In working to provide the best customer-service chat software to its clients, Zendesk approached us with goals to:
- Increase the number of Zopim’s free trial sign-ups, purchases, conversion rates
- Rapidly expand campaigns to run in new markets and multiple languages to improve their global market share
- Reduce the cost/sign-up
- Restructure the account to improve insights extraction and manageability
Our key challenge was to increase sign-up and purchase growth under the burden of a major brand name change.
Strategy + Execution
To kick off, we restructured and separated all campaigns by region, country, language, brand, product, and competitor campaigns to assist with global bid management patterns and insights extraction.
We then developed a sophisticated ad group naming convention to pair relevant and attractive ad copies with keyword themes for analysis and to conduct experiments.
A regular extensive review of historical search terms was implemented to reduce costs on under-performing keywords and assist in keyword expansion, driving higher quality intent-based traffic.
Then, we rapidly expanded to new countries and languages while improving conversion rates and reducing the cost per acquisition.
We are proud that our work in the first year was able to increase quarterly free trial sign-ups by 50% and quarterly purchases by 70%, while reducing the non-brand cost/sign-up by 20% and increasing the non-brand CTR by 92%.